Job ID JL408 posted on 06/07/13
We are seeking experienced registered dietitians who are enthusiastic and have a passion for coaching patients through lifestyle changes to prevent, manage and reverse the risk of cardiovascular disease. This is a consulting position of 10-20 hours per week
Boston Heart Coaches are experts in nutrition and exercise approaches that directly correlate with national guidelines and a proprietary method to help patients achieve their heart health goals.
After completing training in the Boston Heart Diagnostics Lifestyle Program, Boston Heart Coaches will:
• Understand patients CVD risk factors, laboratory results and personal health goals.
• Build a trust-based relationship enabling the coach to drive patients’ accountability, adherence and motivation.
• Provide education and explanation on the Life Plan from Boston Heart, ongoing health tips, suggestions of food choices, menus and exercise plans that correspond to the individual’s Life Plan.
• Facilitate patients’ transformation to a lifestyle that will maintain or improve their heart health through giving encouragement, identifying barriers and providing helpful strategies for success.
• Monitor patients’ progress through weekly review of food journal and exercise log, and model the same behavior by maintaining and sharing a “coach’s journal” with patients.
• Maintain thoroughly documented online coaching notes using Boston Heart Diagnostics system.
• Communicate with and provide progress updates to healthcare providers regarding their patients who are participating in coaching with the Lifestyle Program.
• Participate in CME and ongoing professional development.
• Participate in mentoring/training of new coaches
• Passionate motivator, dedicated to improving the health of patients
• Bachelors degree in health related field, Masters in nutrition and certification in weight management preferred
• Registered Dietitian (RD), with state licensure or certification
• At least 1 year of medical nutrition counseling experience in an outpatient or private practice setting, emphasis in cardiovascular disease, cholesterol reduction, and weight management preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
• Strong interpersonal phone skills, previous phone coaching experience preferred
• Basic computer skills: email, internet, Word and Excel.
• Ability to work remotely from home office with internet access and landline. Minimal travel required.
• Commitment to work at least 10 hours per week.
• Availability on nights and weekends preferred.
- Clinical DietitianTouchpoint Services
- DietitianOption 1 Healthcare Solutions
- NutritionistMaricopa County
Post job listing
- January 28, 2015Research Frontiers in Nutritional Sciences 2015: Health Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet, Bring Science to the Plate (with an Arizona Twist)
- January 29, 2015If you can make toast, you can create your own RD website.
- February 11, 2015 What Do I Do Now? When Eating Disorders Go Rogue
Post new event